Keeping your home in tip-top shape requires regular maintenance.
Keep this handy quick list on your phone, posted to the fridge or in your calendar to remind yourself of tasks that are recommended to be done every three months. Next month we'll feature some seasonal tips.
QUARTERLY HOME MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- Test smoke and carbon dioxide detectors. If the alarm doesn't sound, change the batteries.
- Let water run in unused sinks and flush unused toilets. This helps flush out built-up grime.
- Clean out gutters. Removing leaves and other blockages keeps build-up from molding and allows water run-off to flow properly.
- Check water softener. Add salt if necessary.
- Trim trees and bushes. Keep hanging branches clear from house walls, the roof, and the air conditioner.