These tips, suggestions & ideas are to improve your home's overall appearance and help you prepare to sell it faster!
21 EASY Ways to Make Your Home Sell Faster!
- Open all the draperies, pull up the shades and let in the sunlight.
- Create a positive mood & energy throughout your home. Turn on all the lights, day or night, install higher wattage light bulbs to show your home brightly.
- Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge them.
- If you have a fireplace, highlight it in your decorating/staging.
- Keep your home dusted and vacuumed at all times. This includes aiming to remove all pet odors and smoke.
- Replace the carpet if it does not clean up well.
- Have a family "game plan" to get the home in order quickly, when necessary.
- Air out your home for 30 mins prior to all showings, if possible. If the weather doesn't permit, run the fan that is part of your HVAC system to be sure the air is not stale. This includes opening all closet doors as well so they can air-out.
- Lightly spray the house with air freshener so that it has a chance to diffuse before the buyer(s) arrive. Or bake a batch of cookies!
- Place family photos in storage.
- Improve traffic flow throughout every room by removing unnecessary furniture.
- Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing unnecessary furniture.
- Putty over and paint any nail holes or other mishaps in the walls.
- Paint all interior walls a neutral color to brighten the home and make it look bigger. AND, repair or replace any loose or damaged wallpaper.
- Clean all light bulbs and light fixtures to brighten the home.
- Wash all windows inside and out.
- Use plants in transitional areas of your home to bring life to the space.
- Make the most of your attic's potential.
- Remove &/or hide excess extension cords and exposed wires.
- Repair or replace banisters and handrails, if applicable.
- Open doors to area you want potential buyers to see such as walk-in closets, pantries, attics, etc.
YES, I Want More Tips & Information about SELLING my San Diego Home! Click here for the most recent, comprehensive Sellers Guide.